Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No shoes, no shirt, no problem.....

No babies, no periods, no problem.......This is my Mike's theory. I can't really disagree with it.


However, I have been having a hard time dealing with this emotionally. I'm not quite sure what I want to think. I don't want more children....hands down, this is not a concern of mine. I also don't want to face menopause at 29, this concerns me greatly. It kills me that I can't have an MRI to get a more definitive answer on just how long I can put this off. It is another 4 weeks off work. It is more anesthesia (which doesn't agree with me whatsoever).


In response to Robyns concerns: Yes, I have my CA125 blood draw every six months. I have always been told to not put a great deal of faith in them though, more to be used as a marker. Regardless, they have all been fine. My theory is that if they are going to go in and remove one ovary and tube, I would rather it all be done at once. I knew at some point after my mastectomy I would have an oophorectomy, I just thought I'd be done with my mastectomy first. I am not concerned with having more children and I have alwasys known a BSO was in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment