Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm good with definititions....

I had a second ultrasound yesterday....the perks of working for radiologists and the art of persuasion at its finest!


During this ultrasound, the tech also found a small hyperechoic lesion on my left ovary...that's right the left ovary. The lesion on the right ovary was still present, essentially the stable in size since my ultrasound a month ago. Dr. S read the ultrasound (he is who ruled out the hemmorrhagic cyst on the last ultrasound) and found that the tiny (5 mm) lesion on the left was actually present back in October as well. As for both the right and left lesions, his differential is either a dermoid or a teratoma. Essentially the same things. ***Complex cysts often containing fat, hair, skin cells. They are typically benign. When found in the ovaries they most likely need to be surgically removed as they can cause torsion of the ovary causing severe pain and circumvent the blood flow to the ovary. ***

So the recommendation is that the right ovary must be removed. So I am back in the same situation. If I'm taking one, let's do it all. I'm sure I will be getting more information as the day goes on, so I will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment