Monday, May 23, 2011

CA125

CA-125 is a protien that is a so-called tumor marker or biomarker, which is a substance that is found in greater concentration in tumor cells than in other cells in the body. In particular, CA-125 is present in greater concentration in ovarian cancer cells than in other cells. Normal values can be argued, however most labs show values of less than 35 as normal. (My baseline was 9 and has been around this level ever since.)


My CA-125 level was 12 in October 2010. With everything going on right now, I was nervous to have my CA-125 drawn last week. But I did. I was called today with the results...May 2011 my level is 10. This is reassuring at least with everything that is going on with my ovaries right now!

1 comment:

  1. glad you got normal ca125 results mine were normal too (9 in jan and 13 this month) :) So when is the robot date? I personally am afraid to have to go to that step. Early menopause scares the crap outta me :(

    ReplyDelete