Wednesday, January 11, 2012

6 months post op

I am six months post op and feeling great. Everything has healed nicely. I have five small scars scattered across my abdomen that have caused me no problems, ever. I honestly don't even remember that I had the surgery sometimes. I have swapped my HRT from Estradiol to Vivelle patch which seems to be causing less side effects for me. The only symptoms I ever really experianced were mood swings, hot flashes and migraines. The HRT takes care of most of that. It is rare that I get hot flashes now. The headaches are better and I have noticed that I simply tend to have less patience with things and people. Oddly, I cry a little more now than I used to.

I wouldn't change my decision at all. I have no regrets. I also have no periods :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's already been 6months. Glad to hear your doing good. And Congrats on getting married!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi-I just started following your blog and would love to chat more about your decision with the ovaries. I've had kids already but I am still struggling and wondered about your decision making process. If you get a minute. could you email me? blissem@hotmail.com

      I also have a blog, donotworryaboutme.blogspot.com

      Thanks! Erin

      Delete